Thursday, August 11, 2011

MRI results and follow up Appointment!

Well its nothing in her brain! Which is great! The neurologist said her brain was "Pristine!

 He ordered an MRI of her spine to check the spinal cord and nerves and investigate further. This particular test takes 2 hours so they are going to split it up into 2. So that kind of sucks for her but she knows what to expect now.

 He did however find an abnormality called a Chiari Malformation. He said he doesn't really think its related and just a coincidence. It's basically that her brain tissue is protruding 10mm outside her skull into her spinal cavity. He said it is common and although hers is impressive it doesn't raise any flags.

I feel conflicted!! I am THRILLED that there was nothing wrong with her brain for the most part, but I wish there had been an easy answer so she didn't have to endure more testing!!

Continue to pray for her as we walk this journey!!

No comments: