Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The END is in Sight!!

Whew! I'm really exhausted from today's appointments but I wanted to update everyone with what's going on!!

I had my ultrasound at 9am. Baby Girl is measuring 6lbs 4oz as of today! Her arm/leg bones are measuring about a week ahead... My long girl! After my ultrasound I went to my regular weekly OB appointment.

It was a really good appointment! Concerning her size they do NOT want me to go past 38 weeks. She is on track to be as big or bigger than Moo. SO at first she suggested a C-Section at 38 weeks but I told her I really want to try and have her on my own. So as long as my body keeps prepping for labor like it is... They are going to let me be induced a few days before 38 weeks! IF I make it that far she said! So that would be the end of next week! She checked me and I've progressed alot since Monday! She was able to fit 2 fingers and it felt like she stretched me out or something because it hurt and I was contracting afterward! Helping me along hopefully! My group b strep test also came back negative.. so that's good! Mean's I dont need an antibiotic IV during labor.

She was NOT pleased that I haven't heard from the Cardiologist. Her assistant tried to call them and couldn't get through so they called the hospital and found out their back line! They finally got through and got me an appointment for 2:30.

Long story short... After the front desk people were TOTALLY rude and having me go back and forth between 3 different offices.... I FINALLY got to see a cardiologist that decided he wanted me to get a Heart Holter Monitor for 48 hours. I got the lovely thing hooked up.. and taped to my body.. SO uncomfortable.. NO shower for 3 days and I have to go back after 24 hours to get it replaced and then another 24 hours to get it off. I have a diary that I have to keep and write down if/when I have symptoms, when I eat, if i get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.. Everything! So its def annoying and I wish they'd done this weeks ago! But at least they have finally taken charge!!

So all in all it seems like next week should be a good week and at the very least we'll have our beautiful baby girl SOOOOOOON!!!! My next appt is Tuesday am so if nothing happens before then we'll set the date! I can't wait! :)

1 comment:

ILuvMy2Boys said...

Hey Sis!

It looks like my original due date guess of November 10 is becoming more realistic, huh. Hang in there with the last of the medical procedures - Being able to see little Bella is just days away!
Love you,
Your Sis in San Jose