Thursday, October 6, 2011

Spinal MRI Results

Things have been a little crazy around the Crain house so I haven't had the time to sit down and write about our follow up appointment with the Neurologist for Lilly's spinal MRI!

The spinal MRI showed nothing to be concerned about concerning her gait. Which is great! It did confirm that the Chiari Malformation is there but not affecting her at all. There is plenty of spinal fluid flowing behind that spot in her brain. It is still something that the dr. would like to keep an eye on so she will go back to see him every 6 months to watch and make sure she isn't having any symptoms.

For now with her gait I'm just going to watch it. I'm satisfied that we have ruled out something with her brain/spine.... but not satisfied that I don't have an answer. So we will continue to watch her. See how she does at school and if it gets bad again I will setup an appointment with her pediatrician again!

No comments: