I am blogging this morning with a heavy heart. After TNL last night Chris came home to tell me that one of our Youth had been informed that his mothers cancer has come back and she does not have much time. My heart is so heavy for this family. I have witnessed first hand what something like this can do but I have also witnessed first hand how AWESOME our God is. I'm pasting the email that our church received from our Pastor this morning. Attached is a Letter from Crissy herself. I'm asking that everyone please spread this prayer request now for Crissy, her doctors and her family at this time!!
Cypress
The following is an email from Crissy McMahon that I received last night. I am sending it to everyone with an urgent request for prayer. We serve a great God and I know he is faithful to hear our requests.
James 5:16(16) Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
PB
5-27-2010
I got some rough news today that rocked my world. Over the past few months I have truly felt that I have been getting stronger every day but last week Tim noticed that as we were walking our dog Ellie, that I was starting to slow down. This week has been rather gloomy, weather wise and I started getting headaches. I have also felt more and more fatigued. I thought that the barometric pressure could have something to do with the headaches as that has affected me in the past, but today when I woke up we found bruising on my body that could not be explained. Tim took me to the lab to get a full blood test. The results came back this afternoon with very disturbing numbers. My white blood counts are double the normal count and my platelet’s have decreased significantly.
I emailed my Stanford and Kaiser Oncologists and they will talk tomorrow to go over the blood tests and the recent bone marrow biopsy I had done a few months ago. They will also discuss what and if they can come up with a game plan for me. I was told that the blood test results looked as frightening to them as it did to me and that it appears that the Leukemia has come back aggressively. My doctor at Kaiser was candid; he feels that there are very little options left for me at this point. They tried their first, second and third round of attack and each time the Leukemia comes back quicker. He feels that I may only have either a few weeks to a few months left if I go untreated but that even if I chose to be treated my body may not take to it. If I do take to the treatment successfully he feels I may only give me another three months. He will talk to my Stanford oncologist tomorrow to see if she can come up with something that he hasn’t thought of. I am praying for a miracle, that something was missed and that they find that there is a way that I can still be cured. I told the doctor that if I have a say in this, I choose to fight and that if I only have three months, best case scenario, I want those three months. We just broke this news to the kids and it was really hard. I held Dominic tonight and was sad to know that three months isn’t enough for him to have real memories of me when he is older.
I do not want to lose sight that even in my toughest battles and darkest times I have never faced any hardship alone. That is what I will concentrate on now. God is the great physician and the giver of life. My life isn’t in the doctor’s hands but in His. I don’t know what his plan is for me yet, I don’t know a lot of things but I do know this. I have a Father who knows my name, the pain in my heart, what is best for me, what is best for my family and that I can trust Him with all of this.
Some of you will read this and want to know what you can do. I am asking for prayer. Prayer for healing, prayer for my doctor’s – that they have wisdom and discernment of what is the right course for me, prayer for my family who has to undergo this with me and especially prayer for my husband who must lead this family through this storm and take care of himself in the process.
God is good. You have heard me say that many times and you’ll hear me say it many more. I trust Him and love Him and will praise Him all of my days.
Crissy and her New Grand baby

No comments:
Post a Comment